By now, we hope you’ve heard about Unified- the new cloud-based HR and Finance system rolling out at UOW. If you’re not sure how this impacts you, or you’re looking for some further information, please read on to see what to expect at go-live of Phase 1 of this project.
For Phase 1, arriving in August 2020, Unified will be replacing:
- Parts of the current payroll system
- Parts of Web Kiosk
In conjunction with the implementation of Unified there will be some important changes to services previously delivered by HR Reception in Building 36. Please see the details below.
WHAT CHANGES WILL EMPLOYEES SEE FOR PHASE 1?
|HR: Announcements||HR will post employee announcements or messages on the Unified home page under heading ‘News and Announcements’.|
HR: Personal Information
|Employees will use Unified to:
|HR: Payslips||Employees will view their Payslips within Unified|
|HR: Worker Schedules (new)
|Employees (excluding casuals) will be able to view their working schedule (working calendar) in Unified. Managers will view their team calendar in Unified. Can view by week or month display. Leave bookings created in Unified will be reflected in worker schedules for employees and their Line Manager to see.|
|HR: Absences (known currently as leave)||
|HR: Help Desk (new)
Similar to the current IMTS Service Now tool
|Finance: Cost Centres and Object Codes replaced by Project, Task and Natural Account numbers||
|Finance: Procurement Support||
|Finance: Purchase Requisitions||
|Finance: Purchase Orders||
WHAT BENEFITS WILL EMPLOYEES SEE FOR PHASE 1?
Having one place to go for key HR (and procurement) activities allowing Employees to interact with HR in a more seamless way, without having to understand the processes or who does what in HR.
- Access from mobile devices
- Modern user-focused experience
- Real-time and accessible information
- Self-serve using HR Help Desk to access HR knowledge base
- If unable to self-serve, submit service requests for HR enquiries
- Increased productivity and engagement
With online systems and workflow automation, managers are able to reduce their time spent on administrative tasks.
- Visibility of whole team calendar, by week or month
- Enhanced transparency of tasks, requests and approvals
- Streamlined approval workflows
CHANGES TO THE HR RECEPTION
With the introduction of Unified and an online HR Help Desk, HR will no longer operate a walk-in Reception in Building 36.
As a result the following service points will be moved:
- Staff Cards and Parking Permits – From 3 August these will be issued and collected from a dedicated staff desk at Student Central (located on the ground floor of Building 17). Please note, paid parking is not required until September
- AVIS Hire Cars – will now be collected and dropped off from the Distribution Service Dock at Building 31B. You can find more information here
- Credit Card Collection – Please collect your credit cards from Financial Services (located on Level 4, Building 36). You will be notified when your card is ready.
If you have documentation that you would like copied or verified, please contact Human Resources via the Help Desk and they will be happy to assist you.
WHERE CAN I GO FOR MORE INFORMATION ON UNIFIED?
We have also created a suite of demonstration videos of Unified processes and general navigation that live on the UOWNow YouTube channel. The videos can be viewed below:
- General Navigation
- Adding an Absence
- HR Help Desk- Employee Creates a Service Request
- HR Help Desk- Accessing My Knowledge Articles
- Unified Procurement- Employee Raises a Purchase Requisition
- Unified Procurement- Manager Approves a Purchase Requisition
- Unified Procurement- Employee Duplicates and Edits a Purchase Requisition
- Unified Procurement- Create Receipt and Return Purchase
- Unified Procurement- Coding a Non-Purchase Order Invoice
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.