We’re pleased to advise that 2021 will see more students studying in person at our Australian campuses.
We know that students have missed the vibrant campus environment that UOW is known for. We’ve missed it too. Safely returning more students back on campus has been our priority.
Communications will be sent to all current students tomorrow (Wednesday), to provide them with an update on what teaching will look like in the first half of 2021.
The main messages that will be conveyed to students are that:
- 2021 will see more students studying in person at our Australian campuses
- We are working hard to prepare a 2021 timetable that provides dual delivery (a mix of face-to-face and remote learning), allowing us to maximise the number of on campus classes, while still prioritising the safety of our students and staff
- We encourage students to choose on campus classes where they are offered
- However, for classes that cannot be held on campus due to physical distancing requirements, or for students unable to come on campus, remote delivery will continue to be offered wherever possible
- Timetables for the first half of 2021, including Autumn and Trimester 1, will be published on 29 November, and will outline subject availability and how classes will be delivered.
- UOW is committed to supporting students who are unable to return to campus, to help them to continue to progress their studies.
The Return to Campus website and associated FAQs have been updated to align with this messaging, so please make yourselves familiar with the content. If you come across any students that have questions about returning to campus in 2021, please direct them to this website, or encourage them to contact Student Services:
- Phone: +61 2 4221 3555 (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday), or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student and Accommodation Services Division will continue to work with Faculties to plan and finalise the 2021 timetables. Once finalised, students will receive another communication with more details about how subjects will be delivered in 2021.