Last week, the Unified Recruiting Module (UOW’s new eRecruitment system) successfully went live to all UOW employees.
As part of this release a new Workforce Establishment form was introduced, with the purpose of streamlining and standardising the approval of new positions, and changes to existing (or established) positions.
What do I need to know about the Workforce Establishment form?
- It should be used when seeking approval for a new position or to make changes to an existing position, including contract extensions.
- It was developed in response to requests for a standard way of presenting position information, including the business case.
- It will replace existing templates in use across faculties and divisions, and will be the university standard to collect all the information required to seek the relevant approvals and establish (set up) or change a position.
- It is located on the HR Intranet under UOW Policies, Procedures and Guidelines – UOW Intranet Home Page > HR Intranet > UOW POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES > Recruitment > Workforce Establishment Management Request
Will this form eventually be included in Unified?
- In the coming months the Workforce Establishment management process will be embedded within Unified, reducing the number of manual steps required and providing greater visibility of positions across the university along with more stringent financial management.
Where can I find more information on Workforce Establishment, Extensions, the Unified Recruiting Module and associated support material?
- You will find user guides and key changes guides to support you in using this new eRecruitment system on the Recruitment page of the HR intranet, under the Recruitment heading. Within this section you will also find a Quick Guide on Extensions – extensions are now managed using the Workforce Establishment form.
- If you need further support please use the HR Help Desk to search for Knowledge Articles on Recruitment or log a ticket in the HR Helpdesk (Unified Home Page > HR Help Desk > My Knowledge or Create a Service Request) using the category Recruitment > Unified Recruiting Module. Demonstration videos on the HR Help Desk are available on the HR Enquiries page of the HR intranet.
- For Hiring Managers please keep your eyes peeled for an invitation to an upcoming information session on the Unified Recruiting Module.