With recent COVID-19 positive cases and case locations identified within our communities and new mask requirements announced today, staff are reminded to remain vigilant with regards to Covid Safe practices. These include:
- wearing a mask is mandatory when in indoor spaces and providing goods or services to members of the public as well as use of public transport. This now includes the Greater Sydney area including Wollongong and Shellharbour LGAs. As such masks are required to be worn for indoor locations while on campus where members of the public (including students) are present. This includes classrooms, Library, exams, service counters, Science Space and Discovery Centre. Office areas that do not have members of the public visit are exempt. Masks are available from the FMD Service Centre.
- staying home if unwell and get a COVID-19 test if displaying symptoms
- practicing healthy hygiene habits such as washing your hands regularly, disinfecting shared surfaces or equipment
- checking in to facilities using QR codes
- remaining 1.5m away from others where reasonable to do so and wear a mask where this can’t be maintained, and
- check your eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccination and book your appointments.