A message from the Chief Operating Officer:
The Premier announced on Saturday 26 June that all of Greater Sydney, which includes Wollongong and Shellharbour, is under stay-at-home rules until 11:59pm Friday 9 July 2021.
Please be advised of the following:
- staff should work from home unless it is not possible to do so. If you or your staff fall into this category, as the Vice-Chancellor advised on Friday, many of our staff are tasked with the difficult job of juggling work and family commitments especially during school holidays. Please talk to your supervisor if you need advice or assistance in managing priorities.
- staff may attend the campus to collect equipment to work from home. Please make sure to bring your building swipe card and adhere to mask wearing rules when doing so. If possible, please wait until Monday 28 June before doing so. Please continue to liaise with your supervisor on working arrangements and any equipment required to be taken home.
- any classes or assessments that are scheduled for this period are to revert to online mode, unless it is essential they are conducted on campus.
- if attending campus please ensure you wear a mask while indoors, continue to observe the one person per four square metre rule in rooms, and keep at least 1.5m distance from others whenever possible to do so
- the Sydney CBD and Southern Sydney Campuses are closed until further notice.
- the South Western Sydney Campus and Wollongong Campus Library will remain open for essential work and education but with reduced capacity.
- UniActive, Discovery Space and the Science Centre are closed until further notice.
- Student residences remain open. Student and Accommodation Services Division Staff will provide these students with further information on how the stay-at-home rules apply.
- The IGA will remain open on campus, all other retailers and food outlets will be closed.
For those campuses in other parts of NSW (Bega, Batemans Bay, Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands) the following restrictions apply:
- Individuals who have been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour) on or after 21 June should follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days after they left Greater Sydney
- masks are required to be worn in all indoor spaces on our campuses, unless the person is alone in the room, and;
- capacity limits for rooms will be one person per four square metres.
The health and safety of our staff and students remains our highest priority, and I remind you to continue to follow NSW Health guidance including good hand hygiene, getting tested if unwell and reviewing the list of most recent case locations. The Crisis Management Team will continue to meet daily and ensure the University’s operations can continue in a COVID safe way.
Staff are reminded at this time to continue communicating with each other while working from home albeit online instead of face-to-face.
If you or a member of your immediate family are experiencing difficulty during this time and need support please don’t hesitate to reach out to the University’s Employee Assistance Provider, Lifeworks, on 1300 361 008.
Please continue to cooperate with the COVID safe requirements to ensure the health and safety of yourself, and those around you.
Chief Operating Officer