Dr Venkat Yanamandram accompanied eight Faculty of Business postgraduate students on a study tour to India to understand business practices, social and political issues, Indian society, culture and communication and the IT landscape.
Notable visits included the below.
- Australian High Commissions (DFAT, DET and Austrade), which provided insight into how it leverages deep knowledge and relationships of their networks to deliver value to its stakeholders
- SRF Foundation that partners with several private organisations to transform hundreds of government schools and nurture several thousands of underprivileged students into confident and responsible citizens of India
- SAP, for providing provided insight into successfully managing business operations and customer relations
- Adobe for sharing its knowledge on how it provides exceptional digital experiences, and
- Tech Mahindra for presenting a seminar on their approaches to becoming one of the top three players in their chosen market segments.
The study tour finished with a visit to Infosys, the second-largest Indian-based multinational company, with the discussion centred on their stakeholder engagement, social responsibility and environmental stewardship. Dr Venkat Yanamandram has built tight partnerships with Indian educational institutions, Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) and IFIM Business School (AACSB-accredited), which hosted (including delivering seminars) and arranged visits to the various organisations.