Last year COVID rained on our parade for National Reconciliation Week (NRW) group events. We are cautiously and safely wanting to take steps to celebrate NRW in 2021!
A significant event in the Cultural Calendar and on the 21st Anniversary of the Reconciliation walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge in 2000, UOW will be having two intimate and number limited National Reconciliation Walks to mark this momentous occasion. We will enjoy some Indigenous inspired desserts for afternoon tea and conclude with your contribution of ‘REFLECT’ and ‘INTENT’ statements toward the Reconciliation Book for 2021.
Block out your calendars, set NRW agenda items for your team/unit meetings and join me as we take action together. A list of details and other activities on offer this year follow.
- Ring Road Walks – 28 May 1.30 pm and 3 June 10.30 am. RSVP to Jo Goulding.
- Contribute to a “REFLECT” or “INTENT” of the reconciliation journey to the UOW inaugural Reconciliation Book 2021
- UOW Reconciliation Game- fun interactive and competitive game for groups and teams
- Resource links to suggested movies, crosswords and external events to participate in
- Links to promote and demonstrate support of reconciliation with signature blocks, posters, online meeting backgrounds
- Lots of prizes and giveaways
- Student Accommodation also celebrating with movie nights, games and prizes. Specific details will be released shortly.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information on how you can drive reconciliation within your faculty or division.
Reconciliation Action Plan Manager