The work to support students experiencing hardship due to COVID-19 is continuing and it has been amazing to see so many offers of support pouring in from staff, students and the community.
All our volunteer shifts for September are now full (THANK YOU) and we will be in touch about October very soon.
In the meantime, you can still support the students by donating a grocery item or writing a message of hope!
Drop off pantry and toiletry items
You can purchase any of the following items when doing your weekly shop and then drop them off at a collection point on campus. All items are greatly appreciated but please do not donate opened or out of date items.
- Pasta Sauce – jar
- Long Life Milk
- Long Life Coconut Milk
- Plain flour
- Bottle of Vegetable Oil
- Bag of White Rice
- Packet of Lentils brown
- Canned Fruit
- Can of baked beans / or Spaghetti
- Noodles Mi Goreng
- Vegetable oil
- Toothbrush (individually wrapped)
- Shower gel
- Sanitary products (pads)
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Washing Powder
Drop off locations include:
- UniLife Office – Level 1, Building 11 (above the food hall)
- BAL Office – BAL Central in Building 40
Donate to Student COVID Hardship Support
This money is used to purchase food and grocery items which are distributed to students in Wollongong and Sydney. So far, over 1500 pantry packs have been given out to students in need.
- $17 supports a full student pantry pack (groceries only)
- $25 supports a full student pantry pack (groceries + some essential items, toiletries /or sanitary items)
Donations to this cause are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt from the University for your records.